Do you have life changing problems as a result of stroke? If so, you may qualify for a research study that is being conducted at the University of South Carolina. The study may provide stroke survivors details about the effects of their stroke and consultation about possible treatment. Each individual will be paid for participation.
Do you wish to take part in our STROKE research?
The purpose of this research is to understand how persons with stroke recover from communication difficulties.
- Participation includes any or all of the following:
- A thorough evaluation of your communication abilities
- An MRI scan of your brain
- Participation in speech-language therapy studies (study participation may depend on your communication needs)
- If you participate in a treatment study, you may receive 15-30 hours of speech therapy over the course of the study.
- There is no charge for participation. Treatment sessions take place at the University of South Carolina, or at your place of residence. All sessions are conducted by a master’s level licensed speech language pathologist.
- For more information, please contact Dr. Leigh Ann Spell
Leigh Ann Spell
Arnold School of Public Health
University of South Carolina
Tel: (803) 777-2693
- Download our brochure here